UW-Whitewater campus hosts State Marching Band Championships | Arts & Culture
Over thirty high school bands from across the state will march onto the UW-Whitewater campus on Saturday, October 15th for the 27th annual Wisconsin School Music Association State Marching Band Championships at Forrect Perkins Stadium. It starts at 11:30 a.m.
The WSMA band competition is divided into four entry classes determined by total school enrollment. Each band will perform for 15 minutes. A panel of eight judges will evaluate bands in five areas: music performance, visual performance, general effect, percussion and color guard.
Tickets for the competition are $12 for adults, $6 for children ages 6-17, senior citizens, and college students with a valid student ID. Children five and under are free.
Visit wsmamusic.org for more information.
Upcoming Events near Walworth - Jefferson Counties
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- 14 vehicles broken into in Racine; the majority of which were unlocked
- Sexual assault victim turns terror into motivation & helps victims everywhere
- One dead after early morning motorcycle crash in Racine County
- Fifth annual Rock for Vets aiming to raise big bucks
- Man arrested for attempted sexual activity with minor