UW-Whitewater campus hosts State Marching Band Championships | Arts & Culture
Over thirty high school bands from across the state will march onto the UW-Whitewater campus on Saturday, October 15th for the 27th annual Wisconsin School Music Association State Marching Band Championships at Forrect Perkins Stadium. It starts at 11:30 a.m.
The WSMA band competition is divided into four entry classes determined by total school enrollment. Each band will perform for 15 minutes. A panel of eight judges will evaluate bands in five areas: music performance, visual performance, general effect, percussion and color guard.
Tickets for the competition are $12 for adults, $6 for children ages 6-17, senior citizens, and college students with a valid student ID. Children five and under are free.
Visit wsmamusic.org for more information.
Upcoming Events near Walworth - Jefferson Counties
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- DNR: Snowmobilers should stay off trails until given “green flag”
- One dead, three hurt after wreck on I-94 near Mount Pleasant
- Operation Drive Sober initiative results in six OWI arrests
- U.S. 41/45 SB reopens after massive multi-vehicle wreck Sunday
- 50 to 60 vehicles involved in massive collision on I-43 SB at Mequon Rd.
- Kirra reunited with owner after massive pileup in Racine Co.
- Milw. man arrested after gun goes off inside Burlington Coat Factory
- Owners seek dog lost during massive pileup on I-94 in Racine
- Kathleen Vinehout involved in crash Sunday on I-94 near Racine
- Police seek suspect who ripped tablet from woman’s arms