Walker releases 2011-2013 Capital Budget | Business
Governor Walker released the 2011-2013 Capital Budget, per a press release by Cullen Werwie of Governor Walkers office. The Capital Budget funds the construction and maintenance of state buildings; helping to create and sustain jobs. The total funding for the Capital Budget is $1.1 billion.
“Our Capital Budget aggressively uses the funds available to us to maintain state buildings, plan for growth, and most importantly create jobs,” said Governor Scott Walker.
The Governor’s Capital Budget will have a significant positive economic impact for the state. It is estimated that each $100 million of construction spending adds $340 million to the economy and creates or sustains 2,850 jobs. Fifty percent of construction budgets are labor costs and $110 million of the economic activity is in personal earnings. In total, the 2011-2013 recommendations would generate $3.7 billion in economic activity and create or sustain approximately 31,000 jobs.
Highlights of the Capital Budget include:
- $50 million for University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
- $44 million for an education building at University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire
- $38.5 million for University of Wisconsin-Madison West Campus Expansion
- $67 million for University of Wisconsin-Madison Institute for Medical Research
- $8 million to support the expansion of the Marquette Dental School
- $17 million to renovate Carlson Hall at University of Wisconsin-Whitewater
- $27.4 million to improve existing DHC and DOC facilities
The complete list of recommendations is available here.
Upcoming Events near Walworth - Jefferson Counties
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- DNR: Snowmobilers should stay off trails until given “green flag”
- Operation Drive Sober initiative results in six OWI arrests
- Nelson Mandela: His impact on American activism, politics & pop culture
- Day spa receives calls from angry Walmart customers
- Get $6 off a carload admission to Country Christmas 2013
- Kirra reunited with owner after massive pileup in Racine Co.
- One dead, three hurt in Sunday’s wreck on I-94 near Mount Pleasant
- Milw. man arrested after gun goes off inside Burlington Coat Factory
- Owners seek dog lost during massive pileup on I-94 in Racine
- Kathleen Vinehout involved in crash Sunday on I-94 near Racine