Jefferson Co. officials investigating home explosion believed to be suspicious | News
JEFFERSON COUNTY — Officials in Jefferson County are investigating an explosion at a home in the Town of Lake Mills they believe may be suspicious.
Officials say Sheriff’s deputies responded to a call advising a neighbor’s basement blew up on Monday, October 22nd just before 2:30 p.m.
Officials say the residence sustained extensive damage as a result of the explosion and resulting fire.
A neighbor told a deputy a man and a vehicle were observed in the driveway of the home about 15 minutes prior to the explosion. Based on this information, the incident was believed to be suspicious.
A joint investigation into the explosion and fire was started, with the Wisconsin DOJ, state Fire Marshals Office, Jefferson County Sheriff’s officials and Lake Mills Fire Department officials assisting in the investigation.
Anyone with information into this incident is asked to contact the Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office at (920) 674-7310.
Upcoming Events near Walworth - Jefferson Counties
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Racine man charged after allegedly failing to pay hotel bills
- Demolition of damaged parts of Mitchell Elem. to begin Wednesday
- Racine police investigate recent Craigslist armed robberies
- ACLU trains folks in Racine on what to do if/when you’re pulled over
- Man connected to Burlington standoff reaches plea deal