Jefferson Co. officials investigating home explosion believed to be suspicious | News
JEFFERSON COUNTY — Officials in Jefferson County are investigating an explosion at a home in the Town of Lake Mills they believe may be suspicious.
Officials say Sheriff’s deputies responded to a call advising a neighbor’s basement blew up on Monday, October 22nd just before 2:30 p.m.
Officials say the residence sustained extensive damage as a result of the explosion and resulting fire.
A neighbor told a deputy a man and a vehicle were observed in the driveway of the home about 15 minutes prior to the explosion. Based on this information, the incident was believed to be suspicious.
A joint investigation into the explosion and fire was started, with the Wisconsin DOJ, state Fire Marshals Office, Jefferson County Sheriff’s officials and Lake Mills Fire Department officials assisting in the investigation.
Anyone with information into this incident is asked to contact the Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office at (920) 674-7310.
Upcoming Events near Walworth - Jefferson Counties
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- DNR: Snowmobilers should stay off trails until given “green flag”
- Operation Drive Sober initiative results in six OWI arrests
- Nelson Mandela: His impact on American activism, politics & pop culture
- Day spa receives calls from angry Walmart customers
- Get $6 off a carload admission to Country Christmas 2013
- Kirra reunited with owner after massive pileup in Racine Co.
- One dead, three hurt in Sunday’s wreck on I-94 near Mount Pleasant
- Milw. man arrested after gun goes off inside Burlington Coat Factory
- Owners seek dog lost during massive pileup on I-94 in Racine
- Kathleen Vinehout involved in crash Sunday on I-94 near Racine